Written on: November 27, 2019
“Marguerite’s spirit continues to thrive among the parishioners of Christ the King Parish in Atlanta. The statue from our former Motherhouse shrine has been relocated to a prominent place in the new Hyland Center. ‘Divine Providence is Wonderful!’ Blessings abound!”
Sr. Jean Liston, GNSH
The new Hyland Center at Christ the King Parish in Atlanta, Georgia, was dedicated on Sunday, November 24 with Mass in the new gymnasium that can seat 1500 (compared to 650 in the Cathedral, itself). Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart were invited to join the celebration in gratitude for the many years of service and education they provided to the people of Atlanta.
However, there is another reason Sisters Denise Roche, Jean Liston and Patricia Geary made the trip. They went to see where the beloved statue of St. Marguerite d’Youville was recently installed. A few years ago, Christ the King Cathedral Parish expressed interest in caring for the statue, that held prominence next to the Yardley Motherhouse Chapel. The statue was moved to its new location with great ceremony at the end of October, shortly after the new building was opened. You can view the video of the move here.
Background on the new building is available here.