Death Penalty Information- March 2020
Written on: February 28, 2020
Pray for an end to the death penalty,
for those scheduled for execution,
for the victims of these crimes and
all whose lives have been
impacted by violence.
Scheduled Executions for March 2020
5: Nathaniel Woods, AL
18: John Hummel, TX
25: Tracy Lane Beatty, TX
- New Hampshire becomes 21st state to abolish the death penalty;
- California imposes moratorium on executions;
- Gallup Poll: Most Americans (60%) prefer life without parole to the death penalty;
- For the fifth straight year, fewer than 30 people were executed and fewer than 50 people were sentenced to death;
- 32 states have no death penalty or have not carried out an execution in more than a decade
We urge you to read the Death Penalty Annual Report for 2019 for current analysis of death penalty trends.
Catholic Mobilizing Network invites us to “uplift the wisdom of those transforming our broken criminal justice system” through their blog. Click here to view.
This entry was posted in With a Heart for Justice and tagged: Alabama, Catholic Mobilizing Network, Catholics Mobilizing Against the Death Penalty, Death penalty, Death Penalty Information Center, Death row, Executions, incarceration, Texas